2020 Equestrian Victoria
Amateur Owner Dressage Rider of the Year
About this award
The overall Victorian Amateur Owner Rider of the Year will be awarded and recognised as part of the Equestrian Victoria awards.
The Victorian AOR group has many riders from grassroots level to FEI which greatly encourages participation in EA Competition. It is designed to give AOR competitors an opportunity to compete in open classes, but separating their results from those of professional athletes.
- Rider must be Victorian EA Registered AND
- Have permanently resided in Victoria during the applicable period
- Equestrian Victoria affiliated events are the only state qualifying events for applicable points
- Any interstate events must also be affiliated with the applicable state branch to be counted towards points.
The Victorian AOR Rider of the Year is determined by the AOR Committee based on the following criteria:
- Points will be awarded for scores over 58%
- Effective dates for points is July 1 2019 to June 30 2020
- Points are awarded to each horse and rider combination
- Points will be awarded for results gained at official EA events listed in the DV Calendar.
- Points will NOT be awarded for events with restricted entry e.g. Youth championships, separate team competitions.
- Points are awarded for a level – points accrued at different levels will be recorded separately – i.e. not cumulative across levels.
- Cumulative points will apply only in the calculation of the overall winner of the AOR leaderboard.
- Points will be allocated as follows: 6 points for first place, 5 for second, 4 for third, 3 for fourth, 2 for fifth, 1 for sixth. Points will be allocated according to this scale regardless of the number of AOR entrants in the class. If you are the only AOR rider in the class and you get >58% you will score 6 points.
- Horses and ponies will be considered as one competition for calculation of points where they compete in the same event (e.g. 1.2, 1.3) with the same judges on the same day. Separate points will not be allocated to pony combinations unless this condition applies.
- Riders responsibility to check AOR status and if eligible to ensure that they are listed on draw and results. It is most important that the scorer has your AOR status correct as this will ensure that you get your points.
- Document that you have asked the scorer to amend the results sheet, e.g. by sending them an email.
- Leaderboard points are calculated by the Dressage Coordinator in the EV office. All queries regarding points on the leaderboard should be directed in the first instance to the Dressage Coordinator. Queries regarding the monthly leaderboard must be received by the Dressage Coordinator within seven (7) days of the results being published, e.g. on EV website or other media. Any disputes regarding leaderboard points will be referred to the AOR group for resolution.
“The more you celebrate in life, the more there is to celebrate”