BARRY ROYCROFT AM
JUMPING & EVENTING
- Australian Sports Medal 2000
- Member of the Order of Australia 2016
- EA Hall of Fame 2015
- EV Hall of Fame 2017/18
- Julius L Patching Sports Official of the Year 2020
• Selected 4 times for the Australian Olympic team: Tokyo 1964 (SJ), Munic 1972 (SJ), Montreal 1976 (SJ) and Deoul 1988. • A Level Dressage Judge • Young Horse Judge • FEI Level 3 Steward • Victorian Branch Medication Control Officer • Medication Control Program Steward
• Coach Educator • EA Level 3 General Coach EA • EA Level 3 Jumping Coach • EA Level 3 Eventing Coach.
• EA Level C Dressage Judge • EA Level 3 Eventing Judge • EA Level 3 Jumping Judge • EA Level 3 Eventing Course Designer • EA Level 2 Jumping Course Designer • EA Level 3 Eventing Technical Delegate • EA Eventing Steward • FEI 1*/2* Eventing Technical Delegate • FEI Level 1 Eventing Steward • FEI Level 1 Eventing Judge • FEI Level 2 Jumping Judge
Victorian Barry Roycroft has been declared a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to equestrian sports, as an administrator, coach and competitor.
A member of Equestrian Australia’s Hall of Fame, Barry first became involved in the sport as a rider and he attended three Olympic Games From 1990 to 2004, Barry was the National Young Rider coach, with three successful Trans Tasman Young Rider Eventing teams. Overseas, he assisted the Japanese Eventing teams and also created a very successful exchange program between Australia and Japan.
Concurrently he served on numerous committees since 1986 including the Board of Equestrian Victoria where he also served as Chairman, Eventing Victoria (of which he was Chair) and the National Eventing Committee. He also served as National Eventing selector. Barry is also a Level 3 NCAS Eventing and Jumping Coach and the founder of the Lakes and Craters Three Day Event which has been running since 1978.